Mother’s Day is right around the corner, and I am loving our new traditions we’ve started as a family of three. We spend time with both of our mothers and Cove’s grandmothers the day before Mother’s Day and then we take Sunday as a day for our immediate family to spend time together. This past year was my first year celebrating Mother’s day with Cove and Ian really went above and beyond to make the day special for me. I know he is going to do a wonderful job teaching Cove how you love and respect your mother (not just on Mother’s Day, but every day). One of my strongest love languages is quality time, so on Mother’s Day it’s definitely something I cherish the most. I thought I would put together a list of a few creative ways you can give your mom quality time on Mother’s day.
- Zoo or aquarium date. This is not for every mom, but if your mom is an animal lover this will be right up her alley. Spend time together wandering around and looking at all the animals together.
- Picnic at the park. We did this last year since Cove was so little and it was perfect. Ian picked up some food and we spent the afternoon in the park eating and walking around a local market.
- Brunch and crafting. Who doesn’t love breakfast in bed (without the clean-up afterwards)? Make your mom some waffles or bacon and eggs and let her drink a hot cup of coffee with you and then make a craft together. Check out Pinterest for some fun Mother’s Day crafts for kids of all ages.
- Road trip. Pack up the car and spend time together exploring new cities or taking a day trip somewhere. You would be surprised by how many memories you can make in a car ride and experiencing somewhere new together.
- Serve someone else together. One of the best ways to spend time with the one you love is by giving back together. Make a meal for someone you know who may need some extra love. Pick and take flowers to your neighbor. Go spend time playing games at a nursing home. Spend quality time together loving on others.
- Check off the bucket list with her. Go skydiving. Take a trip. Learn to snorkel. Taking an interest in something she’s wanted to do and doing it with her will mean the world to her.
- Try a new restaurant and have coffee or ice cream after. Nothing says quality time like sharing a meal together. Try a new place she’s been wanting to go and then share a cup of coffee or ice cream afterwards.
This Mother’s Day, I received the cutest wood watch from Jord Wood Watches. Ian got this one for Christmas last year and absolutely loves it. He receives compliments on it all the time and it’s so lightweight to wear. I love this Frankie Zebrawood and Navy watch. I’m a huge fan of large faces and the boyfriend style, so this one is perfect. You can see all of their watches here.
For this Mother’s Day, we’re teaming up with JORD to giveaway a $100 e-gift card to use on JORD.com. And the icing on the cake is all entrants get a $50 e-gift card to use on JORD.com.