Summer is here and we have a jam packed schedule with all kinds of fun activities. The zoo, aquarium, pool and lots of family road trips. When it comes to food and eating, I really try hard to make sure we have a balanced diet that doesn’t include the drive-thru for every meal. I struggle with low iron and as much as I would love to only eat croissants and fries all day, I would have zero energy and strength to do much of anything.
I recently started using Bob’s Red Mill Nutritional Boosters to help me get the protein, fiber and iron I need in some easy-to-make snacks. They contain 20 grams of protein per serving plus fiber and are sweetened with Monk fruit, making them a delicious addition to my meals and snacks, like the below Chocolate Banana Smoothies and Protein Packed Peanut Butter Cookies. Cove and Ian love munching on the cookies and they are both super easy to whip up and take with us when we are on the go.
Chocolate Covered Banana Smoothies
3 scoops of Bob’s Red Mill Chocolate Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
1 cup Milk
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Ice Cubes
1 Teaspoon of toasted coconut shavings
Combine all ingredients and blend in a blender until smooth.
Protein Packed Peanut Butter Cookies
2 scoops (or a half-cup) Bob’s Red Mill Vanilla Protein Powder Nutritional Booster
1 large egg
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter, smooth
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
(I add a teaspoon of toasted coconut shavings and a teaspoon of butter, but neither are needed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking pan. I typically just use parchment paper with some cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl until batter is smooth. Consistency will be thick like cookie dough.
- Scoop a small size out and roll until a small ball is formed.
- Take a fork and do the traditional criss-cross across the top flattening the cookie out.
- Bake in the oven for 13-15 minutes or until cookies turn a slightly golden brown color.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before consuming.
- Store in an air tight container.
You can get a $3 off coupon code for Bob’s Red Mill Protein Powder Nutritional Boosters here. I’d love to hear any other quick and easy recipes you have to help keep you healthy when you are busy and don’t have much time. Have a great week!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.